Coding by Matthew Waters. Graphics by Anthony Fenton-Jones; titlescreen & logo by Tero Lehtonen. Music by Daniel Dean.
 XP8 (AGA version only) was initially sold direct to the public by developers WeatherMine Software around mid-1996, but soon after was published by Effigy Software and distributed by Islona (Epic Marketing).
 XP8 (AGA) has the following features:
- 5 huge levels
- 50 fps screen update
- AGA graphics utilising 128 colours and sporting true-colour shadows
- Morphing ships, over 50 fully rendered enemy craft and two ray-traced enemy bosses on each level
- 8 weapons (each with 5 power increases) plus special hidden weapons
- Normal and combined two player mode
- Extensive options to allow the difficulty to be customised
- Detects and utilises fastram, accelerators and additional floppy drives
- Joypad/joystick/keyboard support