Game design by Alex Amsel and Richard Whittall.
Code & 3D programming by Alex Amsel; additional code & game editor coding by Mark Fitt; chunky-to-planar (c2p) routine assistance provided by Peter McGavin and Juergen Fischer.
Graphics & track design by Richard Whittall; additional gfx by Andrew Cashmore; title rendering by Nigel Critten.
Music by Simon Speight and Tony Farrell; samples by Mark Fitt and Bullfrog Productions (taken from the Magic Carpet game soundtrack).
Compression routines by Thomas Schwarz.
 Min. Requirements: AGA chipset, 68020 CPU, 2MB ram.
Recommended: AGA chipset, 68020 CPU or better, fastram, HD.
N.B. Users with only 2MB ram may find that the game doesn't work due to insufficient memory. If so, select 'boot with no startup-sequence' from the early startup menu (hold down both buttons on a mouse plugged into joy port 2 while booting machine). From the CLI prompt type:
CD < directory > [where < directory > is the location of the XTR directory]
 Magazine Publisher: Amiga Computing no.109, Feb 1997 [download HERE].
 Game manufactured and distributed by Guildhall Leisure.
 XTREME RACING has the following features:
- High-speed 3D texture-mapped graphics
- 300 plus colours on-screen from a 24-bit palette
- Multiple screen sizes & resolutions; up to full screen, 1x1 pixels
- Enhanced for AGA Amiga computers with fastram or 68020/030/040/060 accelerators
- Up to 8-player split-screen via null or serial modem gameplay (up to 4 players per computer and 8 players in total)
- Full support for CD32 joypad and 2 button joysticks. All controls are redefinable to suit players' tastes!
- 4 player joystick adapter support (excludes joypads/2 button joysticks) [requires XTREME RACING V1.1ß PATCH or higher]
- More than 20 different tracks
- Extra track features include jumps, curbs and the ability to squash cars!
- 8 different vehicles to drive, like the Ferrari F40, Lotus, pick-ups etc.
- Varied types of games, including Cup, Grand Prix, Death-Match and Head-to-Head gameplay modes
- Multiple weapon pick-ups & vehicle enhancements, including homing missiles, mines, grenades, time-delay bombs, banana skins, sheep(?!) and more!!!
- Display laptimes and merge laptime tables spread across several different laptime files using the Laptime Display Utility [requires XTREME RACING V1.1ß PATCH or higher OR standalone XTR Laptime Display Utility]
- Several secret features & levels, including Lemming Splat & Sheep Racing!
- Place an extra camera anywhere (including on other cars, on the back of your car, on the track etc.), which has zoom, rotate & tracking modes
- Choice of in-game soundtracks
- Full saving of general set-up & screen preferences, as well as lap/race times (autosaving of laptimes and general set-up after quitting a game requires XTREME RACING V1.1ß PATCH or higher]
- Fully multitasking track editor that allows players to add their own objects, tiles & sound FX, and modify in-game tracks or create their own race & deathmatch tracks [requires XTREME RACING V2.0 commercial data disk upgrade]
- Hard drive support
- Game is launched from WB and has a quit back to WB option (if enough memory is available)
 Several XTREME RACING demos were released and are available for download from Aminet and other sources:
- XTREME RACING V1.1 (demo)
- XTREME RACING V1.01 (demo)
- XTREME RACING (CU Amiga demo)
- XTREME RACING V0.001 (early concept demo)
 ***XTREME RACING (full release)*** was made available by the developers for download from these sources:
- XTREME RACING (DMS disk / HD versions) [Source: PPA]
- XTREME RACING (ADF disk version) [Source: Back to the Roots (old website), courtesy of EAB FTP site]
- XTREME RACING (ADF disk version) [Source: Back to the Roots (old website), courtesy of EAB FTP mirror site]
- XTREME RACING (ADF disk version) [Source: Amigaland]
- XTREME RACING (ADF disk version) [Source: Amiga Future]
- XTREME RACING (DMS disk version) [Source: Infinite Frontiers (old website), courtesy of the Internet Archive]
 The initial game release, XTREME RACING V1.0, exhibited a few bugs (e.g. wouldn't work properly on A1200s upgraded with some Microbotics expansion boards or A4000s fitted with Warp Engine 68040 accelerators; problems saving laptimes for multiple players).
XTREME RACING V1.1ß PATCH
Three patches were released by developer Silltunna. XTREME RACING V1.1ß was the last *free* patch released and it delivered numerous bugfixes/enhancements.
XTREME RACING V2.0 PATCH
Silltunna released XTREME RACING V2.0 (aka V1.1) as part of a commercial data disk upgrade, which contained additional bugfixes/enhancements over previous patches including a track editor and 20 new tracks.
 Lots of other goodies for XTREME RACING (XTR) enthusiasts are available for download from Aminet and other sources including:
- XTREME RACING (FAQ V1.0)
- XTREME RACING (Custom Tracks)
- XTREME RACING (Track Installer/Manager) (dir: game/patch/xtru.lha)
- XTREME RACING (File Editors/Decrunchers)
- XTREME RACING (Custom Mod Installer / Mods)
- XTREME RACING (Laptime Display Utility) (dir:game/race/xtrlapt.lha)
- XTREME RACING (Time Checker) (dir:game/race/XTRTime.lha)
- V1.0 (12-Dec-95)
- V1.01 (15-Jan-96)
- V1.1ß (29-Mar-96)
- V1.1 / V2.0 (03-May-96)