Game design by Alex Amsel and Richard Whittall.
Code & 3D programming by Alex Amsel; additional code & game editor coding by Mark Fitt; chunky-to-planar (c2p) routine assistance provided by Peter McGavin and Juergen Fischer.
Graphics & track design by Richard Whittall; additional gfx by Andrew Cashmore; title rendering by Nigel Critten.
Music by Simon Speight and Tony Farrell; samples by Mark Fitt and Bullfrog Productions (taken from the Magic Carpet game soundtrack).
Compression routines by Thomas Schwarz.
 Min. Requirements: AGA Amiga, 2MB ram
Recommended: HD, fastram, 68020 accelerator or better
N.B. Users with only 2MB ram may find that the game doesn't work due to insufficient memory. If so, select 'boot with no startup-sequence' from the early startup menu (hold down both buttons on a mouse plugged into joy port 2 while booting machine). From the CLI prompt type:
CD < directory > [where < directory > is the location of the XTR directory]
 Magazine Publisher: Amiga Computing no.109, Feb 1997.
 Game manufactured and distributed by Guildhall Leisure.
 XTREME RACING has the following features:
- High-speed 3D texture-mapped graphics
- 300 plus colours on-screen from a 24-bit palette
- Multiple screen sizes & resolutions; up to full screen, 1x1 pixels
- Enhanced for AGA Amiga computers with fastram or 68020/030/040/060 accelerators
- Up to 8-player split-screen via null or serial modem gameplay (up to 4 players per computer and 8 players in total)
- Full support for CD32 joypad and 2 button joysticks. All controls are redefinable to suit players' tastes!
- 4 player joystick adapter support (excludes joypads/2 button joysticks) [requires XTREME RACING V1.1ß PATCH or higher]
- More than 20 different tracks
- Extra track features include jumps, curbs and the ability to squash cars!
- 8 different vehicles to drive, like the Ferrari F40, Lotus, pick-ups etc.
- Varied types of games, including Cup, Grand Prix, Death-Match and Head-to-Head gameplay modes
- Multiple weapon pick-ups & vehicle enhancements, including homing missiles, mines, grenades, time-delay bombs, banana skins, sheep(?!) and more!!!
- Display laptimes and merge laptime tables spread across several different laptime files using the Laptime Display Utility [requires XTREME RACING V1.1ß PATCH or higher OR standalone XTR Laptime Display Utility]
- Several secret features & levels, including Lemming Splat & Sheep Racing!
- Place an extra camera anywhere (including on other cars, on the back of your car, on the track etc.), which has zoom, rotate & tracking modes
- Choice of in-game soundtracks
- Full saving of general set-up & screen preferences, as well as lap/race times (autosaving of laptimes and general set-up after quitting a game requires XTREME RACING V1.1ß PATCH or higher]
- Fully multitasking track editor that allows players to add their own objects, tiles & sound FX, and modify in-game tracks or create their own race & deathmatch tracks [requires XTREME RACING V2.0 commercial data disk upgrade]
- Hard drive support
- Game is launched from WB and has a quit back to WB option (if enough memory is available)
 Several XTREME RACING demos were released and are available for download from Aminet and other sources:
- XTREME RACING V1.1 (demo)
- XTREME RACING V1.01 (demo)
- XTREME RACING (CU Amiga demo)
- XTREME RACING V0.001 (early concept demo)
 ***XTREME RACING (full release)*** was made available by the developers for download from these sources:
- XTREME RACING (DMS disk / HD versions) [Source: PPA]
- XTREME RACING (ADF disk version) [Source: Back to the Roots, courtesy of EAB FTP site]
- XTREME RACING (ADF disk version) [Source: Back to the Roots, courtesy of EAB FTP mirror site]
- XTREME RACING (ADF disk version) [Source: Amigaland]
- XTREME RACING (ADF disk version) [Source: Amiga Future]
- XTREME RACING (DMS disk version) [Source: Infinite Frontiers (old website), courtesy of the Internet Archive]
 The initial game release, XTREME RACING V1.0, exhibited a few bugs (e.g. wouldn't work properly on A1200s upgraded with some Microbotics expansion boards or A4000s fitted with Warp Engine 68040 accelerators; problems saving laptimes for multiple players).
XTREME RACING V1.1ß PATCH
Three patches were released by developer Silltunna. XTREME RACING V1.1ß was the last *free* patch released and it delivered numerous bugfixes/enhancements.
XTREME RACING V2.0 PATCH
Silltunna released XTREME RACING V2.0 (aka V1.1) as part of a commercial data disk upgrade, which contained additional bugfixes/enhancements over previous patches including a track editor and 20 new tracks.
 Lots of other goodies for XTREME RACING (XTR) enthusiasts are available for download from Aminet and other sources including:
- XTREME RACING (FAQ V1.0)
- XTREME RACING (Custom Tracks)
- XTREME RACING (Track Installer/Manager) (dir: game/patch/xtru.lha)
- XTREME RACING (File Editors/Decrunchers)
- XTREME RACING (Custom Mod Installer / Mods)
- XTREME RACING (Laptime Display Utility) (dir:game/race/xtrlapt.lha)
- XTREME RACING (Time Checker) (dir:game/race/XTRTime.lha)
- V1.0 (12-Dec-95)
- V1.01 (15-Jan-96)
- V1.1ß (29-Mar-96)
- V1.1 / V2.0 (03-May-96)