GENETIC SPECIES was released as Volume 4 of Vulcan's MegaSeries of games.
 Game storyboard by Martin Halberg; level design by Tommy Damskov & Martin Halberg.
Main coding by Per Bloksgaard; additional coding by Steffen Häuser, Aske Simon Christensen & Henrik Münther.
Main graphics by Tommy Damskov; additional gfx by Magnus Thielsen, Mark Sheeky, Bo Selmer Hansen, Jakob Eriksen, Mikkel Bo Smith & Paul Carrington; animation ideas by Martin Halberg; animation and modelling by Zafar Iqbal.
Intro music by Martin Halberg & Simon Ravn; game over/outro music by Martin Halberg; CD audio by Simon Ravn; sound FX by Martin Halberg; additional sound FX by Tommy Damskov, Paul Carrington & Lisa Tunnah; animation sound FX by Martin Halberg & Simon Ravn.
Multilanguage localisations by the Amiga Translators' Organization (ATO).
 Min. Specifications: AGA Amiga, 68020 CPU, 2Mb chipram + 8Mb fastram, 2xCDROM drive, HD, AHI Audio System (manually HD installed from the game CD, developer website or Aminet)
OCS/ECS Amiga, 68020 CPU, 512K chipram + 8Mb fastram, gfx card (CyberGraphX/Picasso 96 supported), 2xCDROM drive, HD, AHI Audio System (manually HD installed from the game CD, developer website or Aminet), RTGMaster (HD installed)
- Amiga or DraCo/DraCo Motion
- 68030/040/060 CPU
- 512K+ chipram, more fastram (i.e. > 8Mb)
- gfx card (CyberGraphX/Picasso 96 supported)
- sound card
- 4xCDROM drive or faster (for smooth viewing of the 3D rendered intro animation)
- AHI Audio System (manually HD installed from the game CD, developer website or Aminet)
- RTGMaster (HD installed)
- RTGMaster PIP Sublibrary (HD installed, Picasso IV/CyberVision 3D gfx card + installation of GENETIC SPECIES V4605 Engine Update required for window play)
 Game features of GENETIC SPECIES include:
- coding in 100% assembly language
- full multitasking
- optimised code for 68030/040/060 CPUs
- DraCo/DraCo Motion support
- single/double/triple screen buffering
- 200Mb 3D rendered intro animation in HAM8 mode
- fast 3D light-sourced texture mapped environment
- 4 huge plot-based levels involving puzzle solving
- 16 rendered enemies with high level artificial intelligence and a massive array of weapons
- 256 colour display, (1x1) pixel resolution definition, changeable window sizes for gameplay, screen promotion, NTSC/PAL/multiscan screenmode support
- high quality digital sound and FX with stereo surround sound
- 30 minutes of high quality, atmospheric, in-game CDDA music inspired by Vangelis
 GENETIC SPECIES was released as freeware by developer Marble Eyes in 2001, and is available for download from these sources:
- GENETIC SPECIES (full CD version incl. CDDA tracks) [Source: EAB FTP site]
- GENETIC SPECIES (HD version, multiple files, no CDDA) [Source: Aminet]