|Notes: || Original code ported by Steffen Häuser, Hans-Jörg & Thomas Frieden and Frank Menzel; AmigaOS 4.x version reworked by Peter Gordon. Game engine & miniGL optimisation by Christian Michael; software renderer by Hans-Jörg Frieden; Amiga GUI by Martin McKenzie and Steffen Häuser. Sound & initialisation routines by Hans-Jörg & Thomas Frieden.|
 Technical Requirements:
* PPC or 68060 equipped Amiga (G3 or G4 recommended)
* At least 64Mb ram (128Mb+ recommended)
* WB 3.x, WarpOS (AmigaOS 4.x recommended)
* Picasso96 compatible gfx card (for 68060: Warp3D-compatible gfx card), 3D acceleration supported through Warp3D/MiniGL technology
* Paula sound output (AHI-compatible soundcards supported and recommended)
* 4xCDROM drive
* Approx. 500Mb free HD space for full installation (game can only be played from HD)
* BSD-socket compatible TCP/IP stack for network play
* OpenGL-accelerated gfx engine
* CD32 gamepad and analogue joystick support (using wessupport.library included on CD)
* PSX controller support through PSXport (AmigaInput support for AmigaOS 4.x planned)
* Expandable through mission packs and custom content
* Support for add-ons (i.e. game "mods")
 This commercial, open source conversion of QUAKE II was originally released for the Amiga with a recommended min. configuration of 68060 CPU or PPC plus HD and 3D gfx card. Reportedly, it also works on Pegasos and Efika computers under MorphOS, despite a native build not being specifically released for the platform.
 In 2002/03, publisher Hyperion released 68K and PPC updates of QUAKE II. Registered users of QUAKE II may download the updates from their website HERE.
The QUAKE II updates included the following improvements and bugfixes:
- several optimisations
- a transparent QUAKE II console
- an FPS counter for the GL renderer
- save screenshots via the GL renderer as JPEGs
- bugfixes (savegame code, GL renderer of the first update, GUI)
 In 2005, publisher Hyperion first released a native build of QUAKE II for AmigaOS 4.x. A substantially reworked AmigaOS 4.x update of QUAKE II, courtesy of Peter Gordon, was released in May 2010. Registered users of AmigaOS 4.x and QUAKE II may download it from their website HERE.
 QUAKE II was awarded "Best Game of 2002" by online Amiga news site Amiga Flame (see HERE).
 A number of goodies are on offer to Amiga QUAKE II game enthusiasts:
- QUAKE II Mods are available for download on the Amiga QUAKE 2 Page HERE.
- QUAKE II Mods (Amiga Sources) are available for download on Aminet HERE.
- QUAKE II Links/Network Servers are listed on the Amiga QUAKE 2 Page HERE.
- QUAKE II (Amiga Source) is available for download from Aminet HERE.